Monday, October 20, 2008

The Downer Blog

I'm pretty disappointed right now and maybe a little pessimistic. So, there is the disclaimer before you continue. I have been thinking about things I'm good at the last few weeks, things to keep me busy while David is away throughout the week. Unfotunately, I have found that the things I'm good at could hardly keep me entertained. David draws, sculpts, plays the guitar, among a whole bunch of other things. I dont have anything like that. It's frustrating, but i am officially annoyed with my lack of talent. Every Monday David and I invite couples over to have Family Home Evening in our home. We take turns teaching the lessons and have a little treat and game and song and prayer...the normal. Unfortunately what this has led to...is me realizing i'm not cut out to teach anyone anything. Ever since i was little i wanted to be a teacher, until it became time to go to college and i found other things that interested me more. Well, it's a good thing i found something else til teaching was ripped out from under me once i found i was incapable of teaching. My lessons last like 10 minutes max, i need a guide and i feel like i'm getting the sympathy answers. When i try to make discussion about the lesson, and they have no idea what i'm talking about, but they try anyway. I don't know if that makes sense. But here i am trying to prepare my FHE lesson right now, wondering what in the heck i'm doing. It's even more frustrating, is its a topic i myself am passionate about, yet having nothing to say about it. Grrr. Alright. That is all.

6 comments:

brightonislove said...

dont worry. i understand. 100%

lately ive wondered how any boy could find me interesting. i dont do ANYTHING. and i feel like i have very limited gospel knowledge. so teaching or giving a talk or anything terrifies the begeebies out of me.

yes. i know exactly how you feel

Spencer, Ashley & Riley said...

I think your lessons are great! They get to the point and Spence and I would rather have lessons like that rather than an hour long one that people blab on about nothingness. Don't get down on yourself.

jen and brody said...

First of all, I very much enjoyed the lesson (even though we kept getting off on tangents...). It was a good lesson and gave us lots to think about. We're all new to marriage and it was a perfect lesson. Heck, I even learned that my husband doesn't like potpourri (and also can't spell it - hee hee)! You don't have to know much to teach something. You just do your best and let the Spirit do the rest! (Hey, that could be sewn onto a pillow or something.) And maybe your feelings of inexperience or your lack of knowledge helps you to rely more on the Spirit instead of yourself. I'm just saying... Love you!

Antonia said...

EVERYONE was blessed with talents Britni, but only with what they need. I use to hate that I am not the typical mormon girl who can sing, play the piano, is good at volleyball or scrapbooking.

But then I realized that most of my talents are quiet ones like writing, public speaking and making people laugh etc... You shouldn't feel bad about what you'd LIKE to be great at, (which I'm sure is a bunch of crap, you're BRITNI for crying out loud. BRITNI is awesome lol!) but should instead remember the things you ARE great at like making friends, turning cultural halls into expensive banquet halls.

Mosley family said...

I like your lessons! So don't be frustrated. You are awesome!

our blog is
kimboking.blogspot.com

Pamela Williams said...

britni, dont be discouraged. i can name your talent - making people laugh. YOU make ME laugh! so there you go, im not a good lesson preparer either...public speaking is NOT my forte although im a good planner things never go as planned and thats when im a mess. so its ok.