Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Proud Domestic Moments

Ok, so i can cook, just not as well as i'd like...i wish it were more of an instict than anything. Instead i get out my cute little box meals when i make David and i dinner and have at it...i mean, i can make SOME things from scratch, just not as much as i would like.
My family likes to tease me and say i can't cook because before i had david i would have macaroni and ramen every night and thats all i ever made for myself, but i'm completely content with that. I was only cooking for me, i didn't need to put on a show.
Well, then we got married and i cooked about 5-6 days a week for the first month until i started to feel bad. I realized that i LOVE pasta and so i tend to make it...a lot. I didn't cook at all last week cause i felt bad and embarrassed that i made it so frequently...David didn't say anything to me about it, i'm sure he doesn't care, but sooner or later he is sure to get sick of it.

So, i was sick this entire weekend and didn't cook at all some more, and yesterday took a half day at work...so i had this genius idea to get out the many cookbooks we have and find some sweet receipes so i dont feel like david is suffering. Here was the problem though. I'm not huge on flavor and spices. I dont eat green, onions, red sauce, barely any veggies, seafood, or pretty much anything foreign. SOOO, looking through these cookbooks was practically pointless since they are made by professionals and might as well be crinkling my nose at everything on the Food Network channel. Then, i thought i would look through the receipes david brought into the marriage, from Canada. The problem with that was....i don't read canadian. I mean some of the thigns were self explainatory, but i'm pretty sure i would need all ingredients for it to work, and...i may speak Canadian sometimes, but i sure the heck don't read it.
I pull out the last cookbook we have, and my last hope for new receipes. It was the cookbook i have been using for sometime now, but only for pancakes and orange julius'...my Aunt Lynne's cookbook. Thank heavens...there was my kinda food in there. I found 2 receipes i wanted to try for this week and pulled them out and went shopping....HECK FREAKING YES I MADE HOMEMADE BREAD ANNNNNNDDD A CASSEROLE WITH HOMEMADE MASHED POTATOES NOT BOXED ONES!!!!!! lol am so proud of me.

2 comments:

brightonislove said...

you dont read canadian? ;)

Anonymous said...

Man and i thought David used to be pickey....geeze make him steak and he will be happy:):) all boys like meat!