Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting Married to...THE best man ever...Days prior to the wedding.

Well, lets start our story 3 days before the wedding. I'm not going to detail it all because that would take far too long, but i will give you enough.

Wednesday! Davids mom and grandma were both in by tuesday night so we decided it would be a good idea for them to meet my family prior to the wedding so we set up a dinner at my dads house on Wednesday night. We were running late but finally got there and my family had cooked a very yummy yummy dinner. I got out our table topics box (its a box of a whole bunch of questions to kill awkwardness lol). Susan and Grandma Kydd were being pretty quiet and so i got out the box deciding we didn't need awkward silence the entire night because my family i think would have been quiet as well if not forced lol. So i got out the magic box which was fun and interesting hearing everyones answers...the night was short lived. It didn't go bad at all...it served its purposed, and they met, it ended up not being awkward and ya. SO--the in-laws met.

The next day (Thursday) was a really really busy day for me. I knew Davids family wanted us to come play with them which was a good idea. I would feel really bad if all these people came all the way down from the north and only saw us at the reception. That is retarded. So we tried to make time for everyone. Anyhow so thursday i took off work a bit early and loaded up the trailer with EVERYTHING that was going to the chapel on friday for us to start decorating. Then David came over so we could go up to the temple (i wanted to go one last time before we got sealed). After the temple we went to the Imperial Palace which was where Susan, Grandma Kydd, Uncle Rick, and his kids were staying. Susan went and got Davids friends and cousin, David J, Erin, and Ryan while we were at the temple so they were all in the room when we walked in. This night was sooo nice. I have mentioned before how i love associating with anything David is associated with. I want to meet alllll his family and every single one of his friends. I love being able to put names with faces too. I have known Grandma Kydd since we first started dating way back in November, and i have been able to visit with Susan and David J online. It was even more neat though to meet uncle rick who i've heard so much about and his cousin Ryan. **Sidenote: Ryan is pretty much the nicest guy ever with the most amazing dreadlocks ever lol. Anyhow i LOVED that we were all there in that little hotel room hanging out visiting and getting to know one another. This was one of the two best nights prior to the wedding. The brought gifts for us down from Canada for David and i to open there and they wanted to hear how we met and he proposed. It was a really special night for me being there with his family and friends who i already have fallen in love with. They are amazing. That night after we left we went and unloaded the trailer at the church that i had loaded up earlier that day, cleared out the entire cultural hall, and ATTEMPTED to hang the lights on the ceiling, however, there was some confusion to how it was done and it didn't happen. So we all went home.

Friday! The busy day. I got up at 7:20am to go get the key to our apartment then met David at the chapel to let him and the boys in to set up the ceiling since we finally got the correct way on how to hang the lights. While they were hanging lights, me and Little (Erin) and Brighton went back to my place and loaded pretty well much everything that i owned onto the trailer we had unloaded the night before. Susan was there finishing our cake and Aunt Jan finishing our favors. We were so proud of ourselves lol when i have guys help me move it take about 2 hours to load everything. Darn right it took us three girls only an hour and a half haha! After we were done we went over to the chapel to help the boys, but they were practically done so we swapped! The boys went and unloaded the trailer at the apartment and us girls beautified the hall. We took a bit of a break in the afternoon when Rachel met up with us and got some supplies we needed then all met back up to finish everything at the church that could be finished. Then it was relax time and we all went out for pedicures then went our seperate ways. Later that night after seeing David the last time before we were married, went to the church and finished all the final little touches, which pretty much was everything audio related. THEN i went to my Dad's house to see my sisters one last time before i wouldn't for a few months. Bry was leaving back to DC while i was on the honeymoon and Bailey up to Reno for her first year in college. It was such a precious night to me being there with just my dad and siblings--Bry, Bai, Caiden, and Culel. I loved it was just us family, sitting around, watching the olympics. Everyone was asking me questions about when i went through the temple the week before, their parts the next day and times they needed to be places though. Caiden was perhaps the cutest about it though. He asked me just before i left if he was going to be able to see me before i HAD to become a Richards lol. I told him no and he proceeded to tell me he didn't think i sounded good as a Richards and i should just keep being a Shirley lol. Good stuff. Anyhow, this was the other precious night to me. Then i went home, hung out with aunt jan a bit, and went to bed.

1 comment:

jenjamin said...

Those are good memories I am glad yu got them down! Your looked beautiful, wish I could have seen you in person!