Monday, July 14, 2008

Bridal Stores are Ridiculous.

Why is it that every bridal store i have called seems to stress me out. Actually, i wouldn't consider it stressing me out. I would classify it as angering me profusely. Make sense? When i was finding my dress i called about 4 stores to find out if anyone had it in stock only to find, that it wasn't and if i wanted it, it had to be made and shipped out of China. This meant that i would have to wait until the week of July 30th for my dress...isn't that cutting it a bit close though? I called 3 months in advnace and it is still taking forever? You would think bridal stores deal with important days all the time, and know that brides don't like to wait long periods of time for essentials. I mean, are they expecting me to show up naked if it isn't in on time??? Honestly, I think it should be a requirement to keep that crap in the states. None the less it was from a Utah venue...isn't Utah the marriage capital of the world? To me that screams, hey we have dresses in stock so you can get married tomorrow. Apparently i was wrong.

So, then this weekend we found THE perfect dresses for my bridesmaids, and they are being rushed to be here on time. Well, the sales lady told me they would be here by Aug 8th. So i got paif for them over the phone. THEN went i called back for additional info., she was like oh no, they get in from CA, 2-3 days AFTER August 8th....Holy crap!? Are you kidding me?? LIES AND DECEIT! She told me they would be in by Aug 12th, which means i am going to have to RUSH to get them. My mom will have to drive to Cedar to get them, then after i get off work at 5, meet her in either St. George or Mequite, then on the 13th have them fitted to the girls...it will take a day ish to have them done and we pick them up on the 15th. What the crap!? Freaking Bridal Stores. I hate you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you showed up to your wedding naked i would attend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Britni.... Someday you will have stories to tell your grand children about how you and grampa had a terrible time putting your reception together. And then you will look back and say, but it was worth it.

Britni said...

actually, at this point, i am wishing we eloped...much more romantic :) lol

Krys said...

WOW! In this case I'm so glad we just made all of our dresses ourself... that is definately scary business. They just don't know how to deal with LDS weddings (being pulled off quick)... Hope all goes well for you.