Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Little Helper

So, after David and I were engaged the wedding planning started. I had a dress two days later and it all has been pretty well downhill from there thanks to the excellent contacts i have and my ward family. However, that doesn't mean there hasn't been a few bumps in the road. David and i rarely get in heated confrontations. We both share our opinion, and compromise from there. He has really opened up a new side of me, having to consider someone else in my life. Well, as the wedding plans were flowing, apart from parental drama coming in from all angles, the tension started flooding in between he and i...over wedding plans.

Most brides would say that their fiance had no hand in the planning or minimal...so that is kinda what i was expecting. Getting help when i asked for it. I mean i didn't want him to just be like "Okay tell me when and where" and i didn't want to not include him at all, so that when i really needed an opinion he would think it didn't count, so i just assumed he would be on the sideline and if he had something to say he would let me know since he has never been shy to do so.

Oh boy, was i wrong. He wanted a hand in it ALL. It made sooo much more work for me and he became annoying...at first. It started off because he just didn't see where the reception was going. Of course i took that as a blow to the face as he didn't trust what i was doing with everything. So, i was like fine if you dont like the way i am doing things then you do it and handed him the binder and got out of the car and went in the house. I can't stay mad at David though. Not even possible, so i went for a run to blow off steam and went in the house to call him and ask what he wanted to do and what he wanted to get out of all of this. Of course, he got all cute on me and romantic and my little heart just melted. "I just want the wedding plans to be something we can do together, so that the wedding is ours and memories for US. Not you and your girlfriends." How could i refuse a proposal like that? He said he just couldn't see the 'vision', so he was just hoping it would come.
The next day i got to work and printed off pictures on the web of what daisies looked like, typed up a list of all the decorations i had in mind or had been getting together, a list of time and days i was meeting with people so that he knew in advance that way if he really wanted to be involved there were no excuses, and a floor plan for the reception area, among a ton of other things. I sure was upset at first that it was making more work for me, but now i am sooo glad he wants to be involved. I love going to meetings with him and hearing his input on things, and this is all why i love him.

Well, the reason i wanted to post all this was because last night i had picked up the arch from my Dad's house that he had made for us, and took it home to decorate. I had Jan and David directing where the vines looked best while i was on a stool tying them onto the arch. Then it came time to weave the vines in and out of the arch and intertwine the flowers in with it all. David was ALL over that. It was so stinking cute lol i couldn't help, but smile. After all he is the artsy one between the two of us, it would look better if he did it anyway. lol He is the idea and sketch, and i make it happen.


I stinking LOVE it lol....and him :)

1 comment:

Pamela Williams said...

how sweet! unfortunately IM going to be the one NOT wanting to make all the wedding preparations...maybe i should just elope?

HA HA! just kidding britni!