Friday, July 18, 2008

Well, i finished it and am starting Eclipse....

I was quite impressed by how New Moon played out. It made me depressed at first and i couldn't help, but love Jacob's warmth and kindess of opposed to the eerie nature of the Vampire, yet i wanted Edward back so badly. I think what sold me was the irony. Her best friend a werewolf. Her lover a vampire. Destined mortal enemies, sure to cause internal conflict. it was beautiful. And the treaty at the end. KNOWING they were going to turn her into a vampire. Uh...SO good.

The marriage ultimatum was perfect and the voting...yum! The tension of being in volterra was so good and learning about the extra powers i thought that was neat, the different talents. The marriage proposal was sweet irony as well. Bella is so in love with Edward, yet not the kinda girl who would settle down, which as you are reading you can only be angry with her, because Edward is perfect. As i was reading about the guy who could feel relationships, i loved it how deep the love was, that it was starling. You could only root for them to be together. It was frustrating to me that Jacob is a werewolf, but i am going to assume that will come together as i start reading Eclispe.

I was surprised how partial to the vampire i was. Clearly the werewolf was much more warm and friendly, and even when i stopped to think about it i knew the vampires were creepy. Yet, the Cullens weren't. I think their icy blinding skin would freak me out and therefore i have a really hard time picturing any of them beautiful. There are so many things about them i don't like, but maybe the worldly image of the vampire is still in me and i can't shake it. I don't know if any of this makes sense. All i know is when i think vampire it creeps me out, but when i read i am more partial to the vampires then to the werewolves. Or maybe it goes back to what they represent. The werewolf as a friend and vampire as a lover. And I would automatically choose David over my friends. It's like Bella says: Love is irrational.

However, depressing New Moon was...it was perfect.

1 comment:

Baldwin Fam said...

You have got to be one of the chattiest first time bloggers I've ever met. :) Usually people start a blog, forget about it for and while and then come back. Glad to see you don't disappoint. :)

And yes Eclipse is even better. You've got 2 weeks to finish it before Breaking Dawn. Yeah!